This may seem like an odd category for a “Top 5″ post, but hear me out. Lately I’ve been thinking about the simple things in my life that mean the most to me… the things that bring a richness to each day, bring me joy, and force me to remove myself from the hustle bustle and unplug. While making a list of these things, I realized that many of them were spelled out in short, 4 letter words. So I thought, “What a fun thing to share on the blog”. Below you will find my Top 5 4 Letter Words!
(1) LOVE :: There is nothing sweeter, nothing greater and nothing more precious than pure, true, deep and lasting love. The love from my best friend, partner and husband is one of the greatest driving forces in my life, and the thing that keeps my chin up during the toughest of times.
(2) HOME :: After a long hectic day, or even a wonderful weekend out of town, I realize that there simply is no other place in the world that I would rather be than home. Even with all of its imperfections, home is the place that I am content and at peace. It is here that I find joy in the simple pleasures of daily life, and dream dreams about the days ahead.
(3) EMMY :: My sweet little Emmy… always a steadfast companion, bed-hog, walking partner, squirrel chaser, stick retriever, and snuggle buddy. Having her in my life brings a little ray of sunshine to each day.
(4) REST :: If I am content and at peace at home, then I am nearly in perfect bliss at rest in my comfy bed. Whether it’s a rainy day nap, an afternoon snooze in the sun, or a lazy Saturday morning in bed, I just love cozying up in clean sheets, under my fluffy down comforter and letting the cares of the world fade away.
(5) SAND :: Sand to me represents summer bliss… carefree, shoes off, sun-soaked fun! The majority of my most treasured childhood memories occurred in, around or on a lake, and to this day, the beach (be in on a lake or the ocean) holds a certain power over me. From the moment I slip out of my flip flops and feel the sand between my toes, I am carried to another place… an innocent, pure and wonderful world of childhood memories and adult daydreams.
Do you have any favorite (PG) four letter words? Or any longer words that describe some of the simple things in your life that bring joy to your days?