1) I love my bedroom in the afternoon. It’s filled with sunlight, and has the perfect atmosphere for napping. I’ve been sick for about a week, coughing up a storm and talking with the voice of a chainsmoker. So, last week I cancelled meetings left and right, then holed up in my bedroom with my laptop and a box of Annie’s Chocolate Bunnies. There was just something about those quiet, restful afternoons. Life is too busy. Too rushed. I’ve been thinking a lot about pushing back the chaos and making more space for quiet.
2) This is my favorite soda. And I really love sitting at my favorite lunch spot with a sandwich, a soda and a cookie. I ignore the health factor. I bring my laptop, or a good book, settle in and work for awhile. This is why I love my job.
3) These are the chocolates I will soon be tasting. Aren’t they pretty? I sort of just want to look at them.
4) I bit the bullet and bought a pair of Sperry Top-Siders. Anyone have a sailboat?
5) I also bought a navy blazer. This is either a sign that I’m getting old, or staying current. Not sure which, but I like it. Navy is my current choice for a dark neutral. I regularly switch between black, brown and navy. For now, the navy is tops. My friend Zoe took this picture. It’s so typical. The iPhone is like an appendage.
6) Yesterday I visited Northwestern College, my alma mater. I was there to speak to a couple classes of design students on real world design and freelancing. I just have to say, I love academia. I love school. I love being on campus. And I really want to teach someday. I’ve been thinking a lot about grad school. Really considering getting my MFA. For now, I’m thinking I will sign up for one grad level class in the fall, just to test the waters. I don’t want to stop dreaming, you know?
All for now. More next week! Enjoy the weekend. Live it up!