1) This guy should win an award for his patience with me. I’m in the process of finishing up the living room, and am in need of many, many old books. Last week he drove me to Half Price Books, and subsequently dug through the clearance section with me in search of every $1 book in sight. We left with two boxes of ancient hardbacks. I’m becoming quite convinced that he’s an absolute keeper.
2) Speaking of the living room, the carpet is now in and I finally settled on an arrangement of frames for the gallery wall that doesn’t make my eye twitch. It’s up on the wall, but still features a couple sideways sailboats and empty frames. Hoping to fill the gallery wall with actual photos sometime in the next three months. You know how it goes.
3) Shopping with my best friend, and texting hubby, “What do you think of this?” He replies, “Cute! Love the sailor look.” I pause. “Nevermind. I think it’s not me.” The very fact that I was considering a pink striped shirt should scare me senseless. No gray, navy or black in an outfit, and I start to lose my sense of identity. I did buy the shoes, by the way. I paired them with a navy dress. And all was well in B’s world.
4) Summer means baseball! Sunday was hot and hazy, and an awesome day at the ballpark. Too bad our Twins can’t win a game to save their souls!
5) I’m not sure why I haven’t reviewed this restaurant ever. It’s one of my faves. It happens to be in my old ‘hood, and basically feels like a European cafe. I’m enamored. Yesterday, I sat on their patio under a red umbrella with two of my dearest pals. There was conversation, cold beverages and a general sense of bliss.
6) There was also a basket of bread and crackers and some garlic hummus type dip. The perfection of this moment is unparalleled.
7) I just started reading this book. It’s by Paul Tripp and Tim Lane. A few chapters in, and my world is being rocked. I’d highly recommend it. Will give more details when I’m deeper in.
8) I got the official word that I am IN for a class at the U of M this fall. Advanced Typography, here I come! Not yet made the official decision to apply for the grad program, but I’ll see how this class goes and decide from there. Excited to get back in the classroom. I know, I know. I’m one of those lame people who actually loves school.
9) Summer is officially here, and with it a determination to not fill up every ounce of time with a plan. I want more barefoot, carefree, sun-soaked afternoons on the patio with hubby. More backyard bonfires with friends that come about spur of the moment. Less structure, maybe even less travel. No bucket list. Just an intention to be more present in the moment, more content, more rested, more centered on the real priorities.
10) I’ve taken my share of criticism in the recent weeks, and I’ve been praying that the Lord would use it, and not allow my heart to grow hard, bitter or cynical. Getting shredded is never fun, but it can be helpful, humbling, and even beneficial.
11) This is all I’ve got today. Time to dive into a BIG new project. I’m ridiculously excited!! Will have details around the end of the summer. In the meantime, stay cool, soak up summer, and stay tuned. The new b*spoke blog is juuuuuust around the corner!